This is always one of my favorite posts of the season because not only do I get to aggressively online shop, I also get to pull together gift ideas that I think my family and friends would love! Hope you all find some shopping inspiration from my Holiday Gift Guide for the Ladies!
1. J.Crew Vest – I am a big vest wearer and J.Crew’s red and black plaid vest is a must have!
2. Cwonder – Accessories – Cwonder had amazing Cyber Monday sales and they are continuing through the holiday. This is a great place to find gifts for friends.
3. Fjallraven – Hat – Fjallraven isn’t just for the gentlemen this year, they have a great line of women’s clothing and their hats are really cute.
4. Anthropology Necklace – I am always an Anthropology fan and their jewelry this season is very glamorous and well priced!
5. Anthropology – Anthropology is also a great place to find unique gift ideas- check out their home goods department as well!
6. Fabletics – Pants – You may have heard me talking about Fabletics recently, while I will always be a LuLu Lemon fan, if you are looking for high quality leggings at a great price Fabletics is definitely in the running with LuLu now.
7. Madewell Sweater – I am all about finding the perfect cozy sweater this season (possibly because I am already freezing in VT) and Madewell has a great selection of oversized sweaters!
8. Cwonder – Accessories – More great gift ideas from Cwonder! They have a great line of glass wear – and I was of course drawn to the champagne flutes!
9. Sole Society – Any Day Bootie – This is an amazing all around bootie that you can wear to work and out at night – and I love the folded down sheepskin!
10. Sole Society – Elwood – Another great bootie option!
11. Free People – Sweater – I had to throw in one more cozy sweater!
It’s time to start holiday shopping! With Black Friday on the mind and Thanksgiving officially behind us, I wanted to share my Holiday Gift Guide for Him!
1. Fjallraven Sweater – Last season I was a big fan of Ball & Buck and this season it is Fjallraven! They have a new store on Church St. in Burlington, and their men’s clothing is awesome! Really high quality and looks great!
2. LL Bean Men’s Boot – You can never go wrong with L.L. Bean boots. They have a lifetime guarantee and hold up really well in winter!
3. Shoe Care Kit – I feel like guys are always looking to repair shoes but never know how or where to get something to fix up a scuff. J.Crew has an excellent selection of shoe repair kits for men!
4. J.Crew Slipper – They won’t admit it, but guys love a good slipper.
5. Fjallraven – Shirt – Another great option from Fjallraven – all of their flannels are super soft and a perfect fit!
6. Found My Animal – Dog Leash – For man’s best friend, purchase a Found My Dog, dog leash this season. They are a sharp looking leashes, and a portion of the proceeds go to dog shelters in need!
7. Eastern Collective – I had to include the Eastern Collective assorted cables. They are highlighted in all the holiday gift guides (Vogue, GQ, BirchBox) and creator Matt Benedetto is a fellow Burlington resident!
8 & 9. Ball & Buck Collection – I saw a number of items on the Ball & Buck accessories page that would be great stocking stuffers!
Enjoy all the shopping!
This past weekend Brad and I hosted our first FriendsGiving! It was a huge success so I thought I would share what my Thanksgiving décor looked liked and some tips for throwing a really fun dinner party!
I kept the dining table pretty minimal on the décor front because we had a lot of people to seat and I didn’t want to take up to much room. I used a lot of candles around the room though to add a little ambiance.
Make sure to put apps out early! People come hungry and if you put apps out right before dinner they will be too full when you sit down! My favorite fall appetizer is brie (heated), topped with honey and raspberries! Serve them with ginger snaps!
Host a pot luck style dinner. We assigned everyone two dishes, this way everyone contributed and hosting didn’t seem nearly as overwhelming!
I was in charge of the turkey (yes the vegetarian was put in charge of this hah). I found an amazing blog that outlined everything I needed to know for cooking my first turkey (Click Here if you would like to see the turkey directions). If you start early and give yourself plenty of time you will be that much more prepared in case anything comes up!
My final tip, invite friends that you are supper comfortable with, this way if anything goes wrong there is no judgment!
I haven’t had a Designer Spotlight in awhile, but this week when I came across Jessie d. Miller’s website and blog The Design Daredevil I knew I had to share her amazing creations with you! Jessie is an Interior Designer out of St. Louis and I was originally drawn to her site when I came across her 6 Week One Room Challenge. The stunning transformation she was able to create, in 6 weeks mind you, is truly amazing. The fact that I immediately emailed Brad saying “This is what our bedroom is going to look like one day, you should get on board now” just shows how in love I am with this space.
This classic yet edgy space is the epitome of pairing glamor, comfort and warmth.
You don’t need an actual fireplace to enjoy the classic architecture and ambiance that a fireplace can bring to a space!
The ability to pair a masculine and feminine feel all in one shines through in this space. Black and gold play off of one another to create such a bold and vivid space!
I always love to share other design blogs that are worth checking out, so if you want to see the entire project (and before pictures) check out the full article here… The Design Daredevil
It is almost that time of year! The time when friends and family come to visit, the house smells of pie and turkey, and the fall decorations are at their peak. Well this Thanksgiving I have decided to create the ultimate décor smokescreen. I have always been honest about the fact that I am no chef, and this year I have figured out the ultimate cover up. Décor deceit. My Thanksgiving table, house décor and overall presentation is going to be so magnificent, no one will notice my cooking is a bit lack luster! Thanksgiving décor and presentation is a great way to get creative and show off your DIY skills for all your family and friends to see. Check-out some great finds, DIY ideas and Thanksgiving design that I hope will get everyone inspired!
I love this table setting for some many reasons; the colors, the warmth, and you can recreate everything on that table from a craft store and not spend much money at all!
I love the simplicity of this table setting. Very DIY but will be a big hit!
Every table needs a few drinks come dinner time! I love the West Elm decanter and whisky bottles!
Get Creative with your table setting. Find a fun way to display nametags, or get some ribbon to tie all the silverware together. Small touches make a big difference!
For more great ideas check out Pinterest and Anthropology (the napkins are from anthro!).
Have a great Thanksgiving!